Monday, September 26, 2005

Weekend in the Thousand Oaks teen center

dancersFriday, September 23rd,
I began my 1st videotaping evening, just like the ones before: 3 rock groups and than the top-of-the-bill at the end of the evening. But that concert was different than the other ones, because there was barely somebody there for the first band. I agree with the people that came later because that band was just terrible. The band self was called “six different ways” the “singer” sorry I have to say "screamer" was a pro skater, but not musician, so yeah….

The second group was not really better, but more people, maybe 45, by the way for six different ways there were just 30 of them. This group was called “the eye the ear and the arm” I don’t really know if that is a great name for a band but anyway. The 3rd group was “amestory” pretty good, not screaming anymore but normal singing like let me say “Janez Detd, Green Day, …” than last but not least : “Test Your Reflex” a group of young guy’s who did very well with there performing, even though there weren’t not as many people to bring fun in the concert but after all, it was good and would be better with more fans, but yeah, I couldn’t do anything about it.

dj-blingThat was Friday September 23rd.

Let's move on to Saturday September 24th.
I didn’t know what was going on, where were all those High Scholars??? At home? Other better party? I don’t think there was another “better” party!!!

Anyway the DJ was great, some crazy dancers, and more …

TO Teen center, back 2 school bash. From 8 pm- 11 pm with DJ BLING.
He is a really good DJ, he plays at q1047 (the best radio station in the 805) Plays with the best stuff (2 technics sl-1200 mk2 &the rane ttm-56i, are both worlds best dj turntables and mixer). DJ BLING mixes the hottest hip hop and R&Blive on stage.

Afterwards I talked with dj bling after he put his stuff in the car (and I didn’t need to help him like I used to do with an other one - just saying it for fun!).
I asked him where he got his equipment from, he told me from an on-line store out of state, he didn’t remember the name. He told me a couple other websites where you can get good and nice deals, like on "eBay" and "turntable lab" (personally I’m happy he gave me that name because it gives you a lot of information) The most of his records were free, because he works for a radio station. He buys his other records in LA and that is where I know already some shops. I started DJ-ing 9 months ago, but I had to stop because of the big move, I told him I’m still looking and hoping to get a nice pair op technics + mixer & speakers, but I probably have to wait until I have money for it by making videos. He felt sorry for me but told me to keep looking and to ask my parents for help (financial) .
If you got questions feel free to ask. There will be films from the concerts and the dance but you’ll have to wait a little bit.